Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet of the year?

Options
  • 02-12-2008 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭

Pete Sampras is 4/6 to win an oldies tournament in London called the Blackrock Masters.
    He's up against Edberg, Cash, Bates, Pioline, McEnroe, Rusedski & Forget.
    That is a crazy price as he would be 3 times better then any of those guys.
    Get on it, it's buying money :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

The bet of the year for me is Barcelona to win the Champs League at 9/2...thinking of having big money on them. They are awesome when they get going...messi is phenomenal of late

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Don't say that, I've laid a Spanish team to win it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Cheers backed him yesterday @4/6, he's now 2/5 on the Fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,299 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    The bet of the year for me is Barcelona to win the Champs League at 9/2...thinking of having big money on them. They are awesome when they get going...messi is phenomenal of late

no chance, they will make the semi's at best. They are superb in the spanish league but up against the strong english teams they will buckle.

Messi is unreal, but Henry and Guojonhsen are past it. And Poyoul is a shambles at the back.

Bet of the year ??? I'd say Lay of the year !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Shurwhynot wrote: »

You can get 5-1 with Boyles and yes they are a fantastic bet - ive lumped on them myself and thinking of lumping more on them.

For serious gamblers - Back them now and lay them later on as their price is certain to fall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Warper wrote: »
    For serious gamblers - Back them now and lay them later on as their price is certain to fall.

Would a better bet not be to back someone like Liverpool who are 14/1 on betfair at the minute. I reckon they will finish top in the group still and possibly progress past the last 16. I don't think they will win it but there record is seriously good in the competition and that price will surely drop considerably, then lay them off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Would a better bet not be to back someone like Liverpool who are 14/1 on betfair at the minute. I reckon they will finish top in the group still and possibly progress past the last 16. I don't think they will win it but there record is seriously good in the competition and that price will surely drop considerably, then lay them off

Ya cant argue with that given their records over the past 3 years - winners, beaten finalists, semi-finals

I would prob wait until at least after the group stages just to make sure they dont draw Barca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kevin11

no chance, they will make the semi's at best. They are superb in the spanish league but up against the strong english teams they will buckle.

Messi is unreal, but Henry and Guojonhsen are past it. And Poyoul is a shambles at the back

Henry and Gudjonhsen are bit part players this year. Eto'o is the main hit man up front.
    Guardiola has brought a bit of steel to the team and they are working harder, which will mean they can match the English teams in that regard. Puyol is no longer in the centre and they are approaching their 2006 form when they won it. Chelsea and Utd are poorer than last year. 5/1 is a fair price. By no means a cert but if you think they are "lay of the year" be prepared for some nail biting come next April/May

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Pete Sampras is 4/6 to win an oldies tournament in London called the Blackrock Masters.

how did this end up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Ace2007 wrote: »
    how did this end up?

looks like he lost

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article5299007.ece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,299 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

okidoki987 wrote: »

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

He was 1/6 to win it going into Pioline match and having won the last 8 meetings, it should have been done and dusted :(

Advertisement