Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Evening Longford to Dublin commuter train gone after sunday

Options
  • 02-12-2008 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just heard today that the 7.20pm from Longford to Dublin Sunday train has been removed from the new Irish Rail timetable to kick in on the 14th. The last time this train will run is this Sunday!!

While I don't really use this service I have been on it a couple of times and it was packed!!! full of students heading up!

This means one less service for students travelling up from Longford and Mullingar upto Dublin on sunday evening.

For CIE to reveal they expect heavy losses and then go and cancel one of their busier sunday evening services is mind boggling!

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

I wou;d think it has anything to do with losses it more to do with drivers.
    There will be a train between 8:10 and 8:20pm from Sligo getting into Dublin at 9:55pm. I thought the 17:15 and 18:20pm would have got the booth since they were little or no passengers after Maynooth.

Advertisement