If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only discovered this forum!

Options
  • 02-12-2008 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi guys and gals,

Can you believe it - a member of board for over a year and only discovering the richersounds forum now :eek::eek:

So, looked through the website .ie and .com and seen a few bits that i'd be interested in.

So, how do i go about ordering from richersounds? Do i ring/email/order from the website?? And which one do i use (.ie/ .co.uk or .com)

Whats the delivery charge? Do they deliver to the house or to the dublin store if you order from the belfast store or have you to collect it?

Interested in getting a few items, the 6 series samsung in particular

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

forget their website for definitive stick, look at the .com for a vague range of stuff, see what you want and then ring their number on .ie site and you will speak to some lovely people. Delivery is 20pound if you are a boards.ie member.
    Remember some of their stuff is UK models in case you require vhf tuner, ask just in case.
    Lastly, panasonics have 5 year warranty included this month, sweet deal to get with it.....
    I am awaiting my first order and excited. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

TheDriver wrote: »
    forget their website for definitive stick, look at the .com for a vague range of stuff, see what you want and then ring their number on .ie site and you will speak to some lovely people. Delivery is 20pound if you are a boards.ie member.
    Remember some of their stuff is UK models in case you require vhf tuner, ask just in case.Lastly, panasonics have 5 year warranty included this month, sweet deal to get with it.....

Sorry for being a complete duh but what does this mean?

Thanks TheDriver!

UK only uses UHF, we use UHF and VHF but depends on your location e.g. my parents use vhf to get rte, i use uhf because of different transmitters so a UK tv suits me fine whereas it wouldn't suit them at all.
    If your not using an aerial i.e. chorus or sky, then it has no effect on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

UK only uses UHF, we use UHF and VHF but depends on your location e.g. my parents use vhf to get rte, i use uhf because of different transmitters so a UK tv suits me fine whereas it wouldn't suit them at all.
    If your not using an aerial i.e. chorus or sky, then it has no effect on you.

Oh ok, dunno which i use.
    I dont use chorus/ntl or sky but i'm on the cavan/monaghan/northern border so may be recieving uhf signals. Is there Anyway to find out which signal you use??

So......if i go to richersounds.com and pick the telly i like and ring richersounds in belfast that should be me sorted?? :confused:

to see which you use, just look at the tv tuner menu and it will usually tell you uhf or vhf for what you currently have tuned in. Also look at your aerials and google vhf and uhf and pics should tell you. If you are on the border, you might be able to get freeview in the north, I think (and I mean think!!) the panasonic z81 series has both mpeg 2 and 4 so should be able to pick up freeview and irish dtt when it comes along but check with them first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

Remember some of their stuff is UK models in case you require vhf tuner, ask just in case.
    Lastly, panasonics have 5 year warranty included this month, sweet deal to get with it.....

Hi Driver,

Had a look at the site, couldn't find any mention of the free 5yr Panasonic warranty. Any further info on this???

Thanks,
    Freebee23

John told me its extended til end Dec 2008, ring them and they will confirm

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.