Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slingbox setup on network

Options
  • 02-12-2008 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently got a slingbox and I'm trying to set it up on my home network.
    I have BT broadband and the modem they gave me feeds into a linksys router.
    The slingbox is wired to the linksys.
    The linksys has the dd-wrt firmware.
    At the moment I have a few devices that connect to the linksys using dhcp.
    The starting address is 192.168.1.100, the ip of the linksys is 192.168.1.10 (the gateway?).
    The linksys is setup to give out 7 ip addresses.
    The mac address of each device is in the list on the linksys that makes sure a specific device gets a specific ip address.
    The slingbox should be getting 192.168.1.106
    Its not showing up on the list of the dhcp clients.
    But i can still connect to it using the slingbox software.
    Its getting ip address 192.168.1.237 and the gateway ip 192.168.1.254.
    I think its using a static IP, I thought that as I had my linksys setup using dhcp that it wouldnt allocate a static ip address?
    Also, i don't get where the ip 192.168.1.254 is coming from? The ip of the router is 192.168.1.10

Ive tried setting up the port forwarding to forward port 5001 to 192.168.1.237 and 192.168.1.106 (not at the same time :) )
    I can connect to it when im on my home network using the finder id.
    I would have thought that i should be able to connect to the slingbox using 192.168.1.237 instead of the finder id when im on my home network but it cant seem to connect to it.
    If everything was set up correctly would I be able to connect to it using my outside ip, as in the one bt give me to get on the net?

Any suggestions on where I'm going wrong?
    I'll have another look at it tonight and post any more info that might help.

Thanks.

Advertisement