Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse NEVER works on start up

Options
  • 02-12-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

This has been happening for well over a year but i've just let it go on,,

I've a wired infrared mouse, Nothing special. anytime i start the PC if i dont move the mouse and press the buttons constantly from the start of the Windows logo till the login screen it wont work. If i leave the mouse alone at start up it wont move and i've to restart the PC.

A few months back i thought it might be a mouse driver problem but when i searched for Drivers I found there was none there and i was advised to use some other driver. I've checked the website for the mouse and they advise using the drivers I installed !

so what could it be ?

Just while posting this another problem is with the USB wifi stick... It doesnt work on normal start up. Once the PC is started. I've to take the Stick out wait few min then put it in and it works...

Does this point to a problem with Motherboard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are both devices used through USB? Mouse too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Go into your BIOs and enable the Legacy USB controller. Should be under peripheral devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

biko wrote: »
    Are both devices used through USB? Mouse too?

Yes both are USB,

Wagon : Is that on the start up where i press F8 or F12 ? or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

NeVeR wrote: »
    Yes both are USB,

Wagon : Is that on the start up where i press F8 or F12 ? or something like that?
    Its normally the "del" key or maybe F1 depending on your system.

Advertisement