Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me put together a "Irish goodies" Gift

Options
  • 01-12-2008 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hiya!

I'm in need of some advice from all you cheerful Irish people. :)

Thing is, I'm flying home over the Holidays and most of my relatives are expecting to get some lovely gift that I have bought here in Dublin.. quite right. But I have a really tight budget this year so was thinking of putting together a Christmas Goodie-Bag for each of them and wrap it nicely.

I'd love some advice on what to put in it, as I've only been living here for 7 months.. it doesn't haveto be something typical for the irish Christmas (really not a fan of the Mince Pie) but maybe start with some Irish Breakfast Tea and work from there..
    Something edible, something not edible, something fun and maby unexpected.. i don't know, hopefully you tell me.

Trying to avoid things that can be bought in one of the tacky tourist shops..

Thanks a million for any suggestions!!
    Xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

A box of Barrys tea just as something small?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tithe

yeah thats good. but if I give tea, then I'd also want to give some biscuits to go with it.. or something else, to make it more consistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

Buy mug's that have funny picture's or saying's
    on them,irish proverbs maybe,not too naff.
    In each cup put a sachet of coffee,
    a butlers choc or two oe five:D
    a baby bottle of irish whiskey.

Thoughtful but cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tithe

hahah, I know they are all secretly hoping to get some whiskey. Not a bad idea :rolleyes: i like it!!
    would still want to have somethin more to choose from.. could perhaps make two different kinds.. bit of variety.

thanx!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Mini bottles whiskey/baileys
    Vaccuum Sealed Rashers/Suasages/Pudding :D
    Irish Honey is another popular enough one you'd see around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭fionnmar

cara matches with irish proverbs on the pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭fionnmar

and chocolate kimberlys (think they are uniquely irish)...and they come individually wrapped

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Bags of Emerald sweets
    Bewleys Coffee (Jars were reduced to €1.99 in Dunnes)
    Mini Snack Bars (Yellow, Pink or Purple)
    Lakeshore Wholegrain mustard with whisky/Cranberry Sc
    Soda Bread/Scone mixtures (baking section)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

G&T wrote: »
    Buy mug's that have funny picture's or saying's
    on them,irish proverbs maybe,not too naff.
    In each cup put a sachet of coffee,
    a butlers choc or two oe five:D
    a baby bottle of irish whiskey.

I like that idea....but don't forget the tayto crisps!! also if the budget allows you could pop a small waterford crystal xmas tree decoration in each mug too! or get them each a coaster to go with the cups...you can get ones with photos of irish landmarks on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I made up a basket for friends with the ingredients for Irish coffees inside. Bottle of whiskey, nice coffee, brown sugar, cream, some nice chocs and irish coffee glasses. Just a suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

I got some hand made mugs with names on it for some Polish girls in the office. The reaction was amazing as they never thought you'd get their name on a mug. They were hand made in Donegal. http://www.giftmaster.ie/shopexd.asp?id=1523
    Or a selection of foods from Avoca stores?

Advertisement