Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moon cresent

Options
  • 01-12-2008 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

just watching this amazing show venus has just appeared wow fantastic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Interesting sight alright, have to dust off the ol' telescope so! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

and the iss has just passed overhead west to east,great evening for watching

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Admiral

That looks amazing!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

spatchco wrote: »
    just watching this amazing show venus has just appeared wow fantastic

just spotted the gorgeous moon and logged on here to ask what the object next to it was.

Got a few photos but my camera is good enough to do i justice. Hope to see some semi-pro shots of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

as venus appeared from behind the moon it looked like a diamond ring,apparently it wont happen till 2053.iam a coffin doger so i wont be around to see it..lol.but wonderful sight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭trellheim

wow that's cool !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭baldieman

As I headed home in the car this afternoon I saw the new moon. Great! must keep eye out for Venus and jupiter. As im driving dusk is falling and no sign of the planets?? eventually one appears. it had to be venus as its the brighter!! but a couple of days ago the two planets were clearly visable at this time?? so the only place it could possibly be is behind the moon and so about 20 mins later it began to appear. EXCELLENT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I had a really good view of the show! Really beautiful, like a weird interpretation of the sun rising over the horizon, pure class. It then turned misty which gave everything a soft glow and despite feet like two blocks of ice I feel honoured to have seen this and hope I'm around to see it next time!

mud wrote: »
    ................ I feel honoured to have seen this and hope I'm around to see it next time!

Absolutely agree. Thanks to the info here I was able to explain it to my kids.

My best shot here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tearbringer/3075200163/

Took about 15 shots, 5 blurry. Didn't think the camera would pick up the colour of the Moon.......oh to have had this for the Boards Photo Book!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That's lovely, wish I had seen it last night. Maybe next time...

Its not a bad photo either by any means. What's the light to the right of the moon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bennyblanco

good work Bramble,lovelyshot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Great shot alright. Here's the best of mine, which is also posted in one of the other threads:

MoonOccVenus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Here's mine....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

robk24 wrote: »
    Here's mine....
    One of the best I've seen anywhere of the event.

robk24 wrote: »
    Here's mine....
    Wonderful shot....thats fantastic detail of the moon surface

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ei0675

Mines nowhere near as good but i did manage to catch both:

moon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ei0675

Bramble wrote: »
    Absolutely agree. Thanks to the info here I was able to explain it to my kids.

My best shot here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tearbringer/3075200163/

Took about 15 shots, 5 blurry. Didn't think the camera would pick up the colour of the Moon.......oh to have had this for the Boards Photo Book!!!!!!!!!!

hey bramble just checked out your flicker account some real nice shots!! u a pilot? you on IFSD.IE??

ei0675 wrote: »
    Mines nowhere near as good but i did manage to catch both:
    I disagree. Yours has a horror movie look to it.....the wispy clouds,the foliage,very atmospheric.

And to answer another question I'm not a pilot. I'm cabin crew with an irish airline,I just do the job to get pics from the air!

Advertisement