Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disk errors on new WD tb hdd

Options
  • 01-12-2008 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

I currently have 2 WD 1tb hdds the old one (about half a year or so) holds most of my data and i wanted to spread it out onto a new drive.
    Both are usb and recently i just dragged over the main bulk of my files to the new drive but comes up with
    cannot copy the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error
    and before it finally comes up with that i get
    An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk6\D during a paging operation.
    In my events log multiple times over and over.
    I've done multiple chkdsk on the new drive every time the error occurs with a fix/dismount but the errors keep coming back
    both are ntfs and heres a link to the new one http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=363148
    I've googled the errors but they seem to be mostly connected to old dying hard drives not something a week out of the box.
    Should i attempt to get a replacment at this stage?

Advertisement