Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you email files?

Options
  • 01-12-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

I have a file and I need to send it in an email urgently, but how do you send files?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What is the file type and how big is it? What program do you use for emails? For Thunderbird, go to Write->Attach->From File.. and you are away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

the file is 195 kb and i would be sending it using hotmail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

that links only allows you to add documents from a file, i need to send the entire file as it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

What type of file? Compress it first...

Right Click on File > Send To > Compressed Folder (which will make it a file called "originalname.zip).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Or select all the documents in the file by pressing SHIFT while selecting

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

danh789 wrote: »
    that links only allows you to add documents from a file, i need to send the entire file as it is
    What do you mean by documents from a file? Are you talking about emailing a folder?

When you double click on this "file", does the page change to show all the "documents" you want to send?

If so, zip it up as was suggested

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Advertisement