Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

path

Options
  • 01-12-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

A quick question. I am hoping to lay a New Concrete Footpath around the house next week. What is the minimum distance from top of the path to FFL of house?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

trabpc wrote: »
    A quick question. I am hoping to lay a New Concrete Footpatharound the house next week. What is the minimum distance from top of the path to FFL of house?

Recommended to be more than 150mm. I normally make it 200mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,945 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Recommended to be more than 150mm. I normally make it 200mm.
    Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Dont forget to ramp up to the main access door max. 1in 12.
    You can have a small step of 15mm max. at the door

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Dont forget to ramp up to the main access door max. 1in 12.
    You can have a small step of 15mm max. at the door

you forgot the compulsory 1200 x 1200 level access platform which must be level:D and use an acochannel infront of the door that MUST be drained into the surface water disposal system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Slig wrote: »
    you forgot the compulsory 1200 x 1200 level access platform which must be level:D and use an acochannel infront of the door that MUST be drained into the surface water disposal system

Touché :pac:

• Advertisement

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Touché :pac:

I excel at nit picking:D. Bad spelling and punctuation beware!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

I presume we are talking about wheelchair access here.

Not sure how this is regulated. No paths or steps at the moment and no one has said a dickie for last 3 yrs. so why would they now insist on it?

Any way I have a sun room with double doors to one side of the house. Im sure if I had a ramp up to that with the 1200x1200 platform this would suffice. I don't think the ramp has to be at the front - Correct?

Are we all happy that 100mm is enough from top of path to FFL. I can't find anything on building regs or other technical Guidance documents.

Thanks Again

Nope 150mm is the minimum, you are unlikely to be visited by the enforcement dept of council but it does happen if you are this is a major point. Your architect/engineer will also be looking for this to certify the house as built according to building regs.
    Wheelchair accessable entrance should(i.e must in the context of any TGD) be provided at the main entrance.
    Dont be short sighted, we all get old and if we dont our parents and grand parents do. Besides you have a wheelchair accessable bathroom already why not go the whole hog:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Well said Slig. I agree 150mm is minimum, otherwise expect problems! (Possible rising damp etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi Trabpc
    Minimum 150mm. Just right height for step to doors, if it's much deeper it will leave step to house slightly difficult for children, elderly people to access in comfort

Heatherview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Thanks guys gals for the help.

Advertisement