Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your printer is watching you ...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

hmmm does this mean my microwaves a time machine and my toasters gonna pwn me /w toast ??

hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Didn't RTDH post this a while back?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055405075

Goes to check printer

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Run to da Hills in 5, 4, 3, 2......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I don't have a printer.

Thank God...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

S.I.R wrote: »
    hmmm does this mean my microwaves a time machine

The choice is yours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't know what a tracker printer is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

An Fhile wrote: »
    I don't know what a tracker printer is!

A tracker printer is a printer where the printing rate is linked to a predefined other printer rate such as the ECB(printing) rate. This is in contrast to the old “standard variable printing rate” where the printing rate would have been decided by the printer lender and would be based on competitive printing factors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Inkjet ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Inkjet ftw.

+1
    and these "dots" are used on inkjet aswell

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Well I'm glad I still use a gutenberg press.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I print in an internet cafe in Nigeria and have them mail me the copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I don't have a printer.
    Are the government going to make me buy one so that they can keep an eye on what I print?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The dots are easily visible under blue led light like the ones that come with security markers. The printer I tried this on did not print dots on B&W only, but did on you choose any of the three colours where you choose this on the photocopy.

Haven't checked if it also records the dots when you do a colour scan.

old second hand printer from ebay or overprint your own dots

also the copier I looked won't scan Eurion

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Oh noes my printer is watching me! The wolf is at the door :eek:

My printer sits underneath my desk and cannot see much from that vantage point so I'm not worried.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you have been infected with the subseven trojan or one of it's ilk then your computer is probably watching you with a hijacked webcam.

If you have been infected with the subseven trojan or one of it's ilk then your computer is probably watching you with a hijacked webcam.

Awesome! Free webcam!

javaboy wrote: »
    Oh noes my printer is watching me! The wolf is at the door :eek:

My printer sits underneath my desk and cannot see much from that vantage point so I'm not worried.
    It can still hear you

And it can work out what keys you are pressing by their distinctive sounds and which ones are most used.

It can still hear you

Woohoo! Free microphone!
    And it can work out what keys you are pressing by their distinctive sounds and which ones are most used.

First of all, my keys don't make distinctive sounds. Not reliably distinctive anyway.

Second of all, why the hell would somebody write a program to record and analyse keyboard sounds to figure out what keys I press when it's much easier and more reliable to just write a keylogger? :confused:

javaboy wrote:
    Second of all, why the hell would somebody write a program to record and analyse keyboard sounds to figure out what keys I press when it's much easier and more reliable to just write a keylogger? :confused:
    not if they are using your mobile phone to listen , or maybe they are firing a laser at your window.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,157 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No yellow dots on my printouts :D Canon MX310 is Tin Foil compliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

biko wrote: »
    I print in an internet cafe in Nigeria and have them mail me the copies.

Get them to email them to you, its quicker...........................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

This is surprisingly scary, imagine if Luther had nailed something he printed out using his trusty HP to that fateful church door.

What a world we could have lived in...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

It is all a lie.

Original Poster, Do not move from your PC, do not try to leave your house, an agent will be with you shortly. Please comply to the mandatory....tetanus shot.

Hellm0 wrote: »
    This is surprisingly scary, imagine if Luther had nailed something he printed out using his trusty HP to that fateful church door.

What a world we could have lived in...

Luther didn't seek anonymity when nailing the "95 theses" to the church door*. IIRC he had even sent it to a highranking bishop.

*If he ever did nail it to the door

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Excellent, now i can **** around with whoever's watching me,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

galwayrush wrote: »
    Excellent, now i can **** around with whoever's watching me,:D

Could you please stop masturbating in front of the printer, your making gary feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

javaboy wrote: »
    Luther didn't seek anonymity when nailing the "95 theses" to the church door*. IIRC he had even sent it to a highranking bishop.

*If he ever did nail it to the door

Knew that would come back to haunt me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Could you please stop masturbating in front of the printer, your making gary feel sick.

Sorry.:o

Easily defeated by (monocrome) photocopying! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement