Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 2 PS2 and Xbox360 only €25.49 delivered @ play.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

its GB 17.99 which converts to €21.60 not €25.49.
    Still a bargain but still the great sterling v euro price differential continues

• Registered Users Posts: 45,955 ✭✭✭✭muffler

its GB 17.99 which converts to €21.60 not €25.49.
    Still a bargain but still the great sterling v euro price differential continues
    You cant buy in sterling from Play.com. You have to change the currency to Euro at the top right of the page and then buy. The OP is correct in the pricing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Who cares. 25 quid is less than you'd probably get if you tried to trade it in.

Edit: Nevermind, they only deliver to the U.K. with those deals

Bubs101 wrote: »
    You didnt read the posts very well did you?

johnnyrotten thought that the euro price would be 21.60 (based on current exchange rate) and I was pointing out that you can only buy from their pre set euro pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

muffler wrote: »
    You cant buy in sterling from Play.com. You have to change the currency to Euro at the top right of the page and then buy. The OP is correct in the pricing.

I am very aware that you must buy in Euro and its €25. My point is that GB£17.99 converts to €21.60.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Bubs101 wrote: »

Edit: Nevermind, they only deliver to the U.K. with those deals

Just change the price to euro(top right of screen) and they deliver.

If its any help they will deliver those offers to here. They deliver CDs, games and DVDs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

muffler wrote: »
    You didnt read the posts very well did you?

Don't think you understood mine either. I meant it was a phenomenal price and you could just play the game and trade it in to gamestop and come out even

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

Maybe jayteecork's request should be granted and this thread be deleted?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is this today only?

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    is this today only?
    Yeah, I think so. They were running 2 offers - not sure if they were separate or just the same with a different name. One is the "Mega Monday" and the other is "deal of the day". I got an email notification last night about the deal of the day but when I clicked on it (couple of hours later) the item was sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i ordered gta and midnight for xbox
    midnight itself rates from 55-60 in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Placebo wrote: »
    is this today only?

prices still apply today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Its gone back up to 60 euros :(

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Just got an email to say my order has been declined. Problem with credit card details. I'm guessing its a problem with the postcode. I tried the usual 0000 as well as a few other things but its not accepting them. Obviously people here have had success on this site. How did you get around the postcode thing?

BTW I tried leaving it blank and phoning their helpdesk number on the email but thats out of action.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Dufresne wrote: »
    Just got an email to say my order has been declined. Problem with credit card details. I'm guessing its a problem with the postcode. I tried the usual 0000 as well as a few other things but its not accepting them. Obviously people here have had success on this site. How did you get around the postcode thing?

BTW I tried leaving it blank and phoning their helpdesk number on the email but thats out of action.

Just change the currency to euro in the top right of the screen. (for the zillionth time)

I tried the usual 0000 as well as a few other things but its not accepting them. Obviously people here have had success on this site. How did you get around the postcode thing?
    Just checked my account details and I have 00000 as the post code.

As stated you may have to switch to the Euro currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Thanks for replies. Jaytee - First thing I did was change currency to Euro. I've read about that a zillion times:D. It was still looking for a postcode. Its been giving me an error message all night though until a few mins ago I put in EIRE as the postcode. That seems to have been accepted for now. If it changes again I'll try the 5 zeroes instead of 4 - will let you know how I get on. Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thanks for replies. Jaytee - First thing I did was change currency to Euro. I've read about that a zillion times:D. It was still looking for a postcode. Its been giving me an error message all night though until a few mins ago I put in EIRE as the postcode. That seems to have been accepted for now. If it changes again I'll try the 5 zeroes instead of 4 - will let you know how I get on. Cheers guys.

make sure your not charged the 60 euros for it as it went back up in price earlier this evening.

Advertisement