Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

condensation

Options
  • 01-12-2008 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

hi ..new to this ..took my van out last week and it was really cold ..had the heat on full blast ..this caused a lot of condensation behind the cushions and in the pressess..any tips,,???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

it helps if u dont turn the temp up full, have it on low heat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

A dehumidifier would help, plug it in every so ofter to keep moistur levels down. There's also this dehumidifier which uses silica gel which are very effective and inexpensive. Quiet common in boats. available in camping & marine shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The "secret" is to open your roof vents now and then to let the moisture out while you're in the van.
    Also take the cushions off the wall when you're finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

same here, was up at Malin Head. In the morning my reverse camer monitor started buzzing and crackling at it was wet inside! dried out after a while though.

It was bloody cold! no way I was putting the heat down!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

darmurt wrote: »
    hi ..new to this ..took my van out last week and it was really cold ..had the heat on full blast ..this caused a lot of condensation behind the cushions and in the pressess..any tips,,???

It's only because you haven't had it out in a while. If you have a good drive with window/vents open a bit it will be okay. I always leave one of those dehumifiers in the van when it is parked up. its amazing how much moisture they pick up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

i haev a large dehumidifier I use too. I find it keeps it smelling fresh. Not sure if all it's doing is suckign outside air in through the vents etc though!

Advertisement