Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless on PC?

Options
  • 01-12-2008 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a cheap pair of wireless pads that I can use on the PC to play PES please?

Is there anything like this:

ps2usb6.jpg

But for a wireless PS2/3 or XBOX controller at all?

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Found this here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Game-Controller-work-Window-XP-Vista-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ280288829472QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item280288829472&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Seems like it would do the trick, but I wonder, if I get that, will I be able to use another Xbox controller with the same wireless receiver included in that? Because this stand alone receiver: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Xbox-360-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-for-Windows_W0QQitemZ370122218065QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item370122218065&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318 says you can connect up to 4 to the one receiver. It doesn't mention that on the pack with the controller included so I wonder would I need to use 2 receivers if I bought 2 packs, or could I just use one and sell the other?

Has anyone seen these locally at a similar/ok/affordable price? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The item in the picture you have in your first post will work with a wireless PS2 controller. I have it and it works perfectly. I normally use it with a wired pad, but have used it with a wireless a few times and it works just as well.

The cheapest I've seen it is here

As for the thing in your second post, I also have that :). I cant comment how good it is though as i have never got it up and running. Apparently set point (logitechs keyboard and mouse software) thinks its a mouse, and decides that neither your keyboard, your real mouse or this should be allowed work anymore! Apperently you can get around it by putting in a PCI usb port but i havent got around to getting one.

They are around €22 in gamestop iirc

Thanks for the reply :) I actually have this already: http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/114167/-/Product.html so use my PS2 pads in it. So is all I need a wireless PS2 controller then? Should I go official or can you recommend any cheaper third party one?

Do you mean you have the Windows Wireless USB receiver thingy, or the pad and receiver? Does it not work at all for you? I wonder would it work for me? I don't use any wired keyboard/mouse, I'm using a laptop and just use the touchpad and keyboard as normal. My friend was actually thinking of buying a 2nd Xbox controller which is why it'd make sense to go 360 instead of PS2 for wireless.

After a good bit of looking around at the time the problem seemed contained to people with logitech wireless keyboards and mice. I've never tried it on my laptop, as my laptop wouldn't run games the best :) Im sure it would work though.

I was using a wireless PS2 controller from lidl or Aldi, I never actually used it normally so i couldnt tell you if it was a good controller, I ripped it apart as soon as I got it and made a a toy controller a guitar hero controller for the pc :), it seemed to respond well though.

Your probably going to stop believing me soon but i actually have that adapter too :) The one from dealextreme is better. It works with Vista (apparently, i've never tested it). Also there was a problem with the Joytech one where it wouldnt register a slight tap of a button.

Does it have to be wireless? I have a 360 and a ps3 and i have to say my favorite controller for Pro Evo is still a ps2 controller.

To rate it infact it would be

Ps2>Ps3>360

note: this is for Pro evo only, the 360 controller is the best for FPS in my opinion

Doesn't have to be wireless really. Was just thinking that since my friend was thinking of buying a new xbox controller, that I could just get one to use with his :)

Yup, it's going to be pretty much exclusively for pro evo, sure I might just stick with the wired one and get a replacement if the broken one doesn't heal itself :)

Never seemed to have a problem with the play.com one myself, running it off XP so no issues there and it always seemed to be fine with button pressing. So if I'm getting a wireless ps2 controller, does one part just slot into the play.com adapter, and this picks up the signal from the controller? Do both the receiver and controller require batteries?

• Advertisement

Just one dongle goes into the adapter. The one I had 3AAA batteries in the controller and thats it.

I never used the wireless controller with the Play adapter, but im sure it works.

It was mostly good for me, but just trying to tap the shoot button was a problem for me

A wired 360 controller is also an option by the way

Ok thanks :)

If anyone has used a wireless PS2 or Xbox third party device that's cheap but just as good as the original, please share ;)

I was in Lidl today and as luck would have it, there were some wireless ps2 pads, I picked up 2 at €10 each and they seem to be fine... but.. :(.. for some reason, the D pad on them, when pushed in, acts as a button itself, and passes the ball. Like the way the left analogue stick is. So nearly ever time I pass the ball in PES, it passes it back if I go to receive it.

Any way to disable this? I've messed around with the controller set up but haven't got it yet. They seem pretty good other than that!

Got around to having a game with the Lidl ones and it's fine, besides the fact I had to use the analogue stick because of the DPAD problem above. If anyone knows a solution to the above, I'm all ears :) Great for a tenner each!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

turn off the analogue button?

360 can be used wirelessly on pc with a little dongle.

• Advertisement

Nah, turning off the analogue has no effect on it unfortunately :( I think it's just the fact that the d pad, when pushed, is seen as other buttons for some reason.

Go to Start-> Control Panel

Switch to classic mode-> Hit Game controllers

Select your controller and hit properties

Test to see if all the buttons are working separately, make sure the analog is on when testing.

If everything worked as expected launch the settings application that comes with pro (i presume it came with it, came with the last two) and manually assign the buttons on the controller

Hi,
    thanks for the info :) everything seems to be fine, like I was playing a game of pro fine with the analogue, it's just if I use the Dpad and push it down, it passes the ball. I just tested the control panel>game controller properties and all the buttons were fine, as they were in the PES settings too, but when I pressed the Dpad, it switched to the "fishing rod" view of the controller selection :confused:

Advertisement