Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis Theroux: Law and Disorder in Philadelphia

Options
  • 30-11-2008 11:10pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just saw it tonight. Very interesting and while not directly connected to the Wire it does give a lot of back ground to what is going on in Philadelphia which would relate back to Baltimore.

Review

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

yeah it was quite similar, it funny how louis just keeps asking questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

Louis came across as an imbecile... He seemed to be genuinley scared at some points and some of his questions gave the impression he was totally clueless... maybe he was...

Even with that, I thought it was a good show and am looking forward to Jo'berg next week...

Oh, and I love the fact that even in Philly, a man can keep a cow...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Louis came across as an imbecile... He seemed to be genuinley scared at some points and some of his questions gave the impression he was totally clueless... maybe he was...

Even with that, I thought it was a good show and am looking forward to Jo'berg next week...

Oh, and I love the fact that even in Philly, a man can keep a cow...

I think thats just the way he is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I think it makes for better viewing. He's taking everything at face value. The lives some of these people lead are crazy and louis doesn't accept that it's gotta be that way just because they live in the ghetto. He may just be right too.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Yeah that's his interviewing technique. He plays dumb, naive and innocent to put his interviewees at ease and asks seemingly simple question to provoke a philisophical answer. Good to watch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement