Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Explorer wont open

Options
  • 30-11-2008 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

hi guys, when i try to open IE it wont open but firefox works fine. anyone know how i can fix this ? just checked it will open if i click on it but i play 2 games ( archlord and dod ) and they need to be updated and when i click the update button they use ie to update and i get " cant find server "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

why bother if firefox is working?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

amcalester wrote: »
    why bother if firefox is working?

Read his post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

zAbbo wrote: »
    Read his post?

I did but he edited it afterwards and now I look a like a fool.

The crafty beggar.

Sorry cant help.

Slinks away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭pm.

amcalester wrote: »
    I did but he edited it afterwards and now I look a like a fool.

The crafty beggar.

Sorry cant help.

Slinks away

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

pm. wrote: »
    Internet Explorer Won't Open

I was going to say "Consider yourself lucky" but thought I'd contribute something instead.

Try Tools->Diagnose Connection Problems

• Advertisement

turly wrote: »
    I was going to say "Consider yourself lucky" but thought I'd contribute something instead.

Try Tools->Diagnose Connection Problems

i did that and restarted the computer but it still happens:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

At the risk of asking a possibly stupid but obvious question, can you ping the gaming sites in question? Is EVERY site dead, or just those two? Can you use IE to access boards.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Set firefox as the default browser, idiot exploiter is a disaster area but sadly many websites (mainly government) are incorrectly setup to only render correctly in the POS

MC

Set firefox as the default browser, idiot exploiter is a disaster area but sadly many websites (mainly government) are incorrectly setup to only render correctly in the POS

MC

ok but how do i do that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

pm. wrote: »
    ok but how do i do that :o

In Firefox

Tools > Options > Advanced > General tab - At the end check box that says for Firefox to check if it is the default browser, you can also click the button to check.

67627.jpg

MC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

IETab allows you to switch browser render engine from mozilla to IE from within firefox, simply install addon, click the button and it will render in IE mode, if a site is incompatable with firefox, also if its a site you regularly visit, you can set up a default in IE tab to use IE as rendering engine always for that site! Very usefull,

Nick

Advertisement