Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iceland re-opens in Ballyfermot

Options
  • 30-11-2008 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Not really a bargain alert but might be of interest to some people. This store closed down a few years ago but has just re-opened. Seemingly it was the most profitable one in the South! Handy for those of us who watch the ads on UTV and think to ourselves 'hmmm, that might be nice'. Pity about the price difference though - £2 with a price sticker over it of €3.50 :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I thought you were going to say " pity about Kerry Katona" :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You are right, it's not a bargain alert!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055416171

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

snubbleste wrote: »
    You are right, it's not a bargain alert!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055416171

Fair enough, but not all of us read the 'Dublin City' board :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭daithi666

Agreed on one of the above posts.... Pizzas with 1 pound on the box are being sold for e1.75.... So, obviously not the same value as advertised on T.V. I can't see them doing as well as they did when they opened here years ago with the added competition of Lidl and Aldi which have better quality and bigger range IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭In$omniac

Yes I heard the difference in price rates is not attracting much custom, I can see them closing down again if they don't learn how to calculate rates properly!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Pity about the price difference though - £2 with a price sticker over it of €3.50 :eek:

People will actually pay for it? :eek: indeed. It's no wonder it performs well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I thought Iceland was on the verge of bankruptcy!

Are they resorting to opening a supermarket chain to try to recover their economy? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    People will actually pay for it? :eek: indeed. It's no wonder it performs well.

Remember seeing the 9 Oclock news showing outside Iceland in Talbot Street
    after it closed. Lot of tears where being shed by the regulars :confused:

Advertisement