Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc help

Options
  • 30-11-2008 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

just bought a pc of my mate,everytime i power it up i have to press the f1 button to get it going,any ideas how i can get rid of it

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

turkish2 wrote: »
    just bought a pc of my mate,everytime i power it up i have to press the f1 button to get it going,any ideas how i can get rid of it

Is there an error causing it to prompt you to press F1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 turkish2

no.it runs grand,but its a pain in the hoop

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

It could be that the bios battery needs replacing... And the striking F1 may be due to the fact the bios is loosing its info, is there no error, not even about a checksum or something?

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 turkish2

it says something about the hard drives not been read so i have to press the f1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

turkish2 wrote: »
    it says something about the hard drives not been read so i have to press the f1
    Run hard drive diagnostics on the drive (Located on Ultimate Boot CD) to ensure the hard disk is ok, sounds to me the hard disks SMART status had lowered, and its on its way out, needing replacement

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement