Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

box set

Options
  • 30-11-2008 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭

i think there was a thread about this before but i cant find it.i wanna get the complete series on dvd for my dad for xmas where is the best place to buy from -both pricewise and delivery times

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭CJTobin

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wire-Complete-HBO-Season-1-5/dp/B001BBHG1S/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1228005116&sr=8-7

That's one option anyway. It's only coming out on December 8th though, but it should arrive well before Christmas day if you pre-order it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

HMV has it too, and they have a sale on at the moment. Get me one while you're at it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

£82.93, not cheap. :/ They are around £12-15 per season (apart from season 5) depends on where you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i saw this site ,anyone ever deal with them. are they legit ?
    http://www.anyboxset.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=the+wire&x=0&y=0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

yabadabado wrote: »
    i saw this site ,anyone ever deal with them. are they legit ?
    http://www.anyboxset.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=the+wire&x=0&y=0

very doubtful. The artwork does not match what the boxset looks like,and I don't think there is a region 0 version of the boxset. Dodgy as hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Daith

Does anyone know if this is out in Ireland today? Might pick it up for the brother at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hmmm.. Already have every episode, each watched numerous times...

But... it's a must buy for me haha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Daith wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is out in Ireland today? Might pick it up for the brother at the weekend.

It has been out since the 3/12 I bought for €130 in HMV but I saw it at as high as €180 elsewhere. Shop around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

Please tell me there's a free voucher for a whitey from Bubbles Depo in the box...

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

Had it on pre-order from amazon, it shipped on Monday and I received it yesterday..... happy x-mas viewing to me :pac:

But for value you're better of buying the individual seasons, this box set adds no extras at all :( other than a box that holds five dvd cases

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

Saw it in Golden Discs in Mahon Point in Cork for 110 or 120
    great value i thought considering I got all the series separate and at a higher cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Boyfriend got me the boxset for Christmas. I was thrilled as I have all the eps on my computer but was always planning on getting the DVDs at some stage.

Advertisement