Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Showing top gear....3 years old

Options
  • 29-11-2008 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

:confused:I know RTE are a joke but are they taking the piss....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from Motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 paddy353

I think its fuccin' ridiclious! RTE just aren't giving people what they want to see, rather what they want us to see and what suits them financially!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I think it's interesting enough.

I'd be worried if they spend huge sums of money to show us last week's BBC episode.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Prime time television....................a JOKE !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

ah well,nice to see the license fee being well spent...snigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,579 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Why in Gods name did they move the Premiership Soccer show to 9pm to show ancient episodes of Top Gear .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Could be worse, Dave show 6 year old 5th gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Its good that there showing it but i dont think it should be prime time tv, maybe day time or late night but they must be able to get there hands on something better... people simply wont watch otherwise considering there are so many people with digital and even the fast braodband so they can watch TV elsewhere!

Come on RTE put your thinking caps on and stop being stupid with our money!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

they'd an hour of reeling in the years earlier. that was good enough for me!!!

TG4 actually has some brilliant documentary type shows on at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Stekelly wrote: »
    Could be worse, Dave show 6 year old 5th gears.
    Yep. And then they repeat the same episodes for weeks on end. I dont understand that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats the big deal? You can thrill to the race from x to x all over again and see how Hamsters hair has taken on a life of its own, and that Clarksons visiblely aging, being at that time of life.

As for Dave, well its what they do. You are never more than a few hours away from TG or FG.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Yeah well Top gear is not on BBC2 until end of december and RTE are showing it alot over xmas, still good to watch, even if it is just repeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

mike65 wrote: »
    Whats the big deal? You can thrill to the race from x to x all over again and see how Hamsters hair has taken on a life of its own, and that Clarksons visiblely aging, being at that time of life.

As for Dave, well its what they do. You are never more than a few hours away from TG or FG.

Mike

Totally agree with you Mike. I'm quiet happy to watch the repeats on RTE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Licence fee well spent imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

They seem to be showing it backwards!

They have it on at 8.25pm tonight :eek:

Advertisement