Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Hard drive Go/To?

Options
  • 29-11-2008 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I just bought a Western Digital Elements external hard drive. It said it was 1T but when I got it home the small print actually said 500gb/Go or 1T/To.

Can anyone tell me the difference or what Go and To stand for? There was no documents/instructions with it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I'm guessing it's some sort of RAID.
    Basically, it sounds like what you bought has two 500GB hard drives in it. You can choose to combine them into 1TB, or choose to have 2 copies of all your data so you will still have 1 copy if the other drive fails. Your choice. (I'd choose 1TB).

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

I just bought a Western Digital Elements external hard drive. It said it was 1T but when I got it home the small print actually said 500gb/Go or 1T/To.

Can anyone tell me the difference or what Go and To stand for? There was no documents/instructions with it.

Thanks!

Any good man? I'm in the market for one of these myself at the mo. Can you point to a link?

Thanks

Advertisement