Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portarlington Commuters

Options
  • 29-11-2008 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Am i the only one who doesnt know anyone on the commute to Dublin every day????? Any guys or girls looking for someone to make friends with????What ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

Apologies. I would, but am too grumpy to talk at that hour of the morning... especially when it's as cold out as it has been the past few mornings...

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

portcom wrote: »
    Am i the only one who doesnt know anyone on the commute to Dublin every day????? Any guys or girls looking for someone to make friends with????What ye think?

STALKER ALERT, STALKER ALERT :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

You could wave at me as I commute past in my car in the morning :D

Hello Silent Rain!!!! Long time no hear/type/whatever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Not a bad commute in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Apologies. I would, but am too grumpy to talk at that hour of the morning... especially when it's as cold out as it has been the past few mornings...

+1 :D If I'm not engrossed in a TV show/film on my MP4 player, I'm zonked out. Conversation not so good....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Citi_slicker

There used to be great craic going on in the evnings on one of the trains back, big group of women, haven't seen them in ages, they used to involve all around them... We need something like that! Present company excluded but some of the commuters on some of the trains I take would ate you without salt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

a good 7 or 8 years ago a group of us used to commute together, we used to be able to get a whole carriage or half a carriage to ourselves then on the 7am train and we used to have card games going. Joe the ticket guy who since retired used to sit and play with us we used to have great craic. there's only 3 of the original group left now though and we'd be lucky to get a seat together these days! Was a great laugh though

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

just a question for anyone else on the motorway do you find it quicker gettin on at emo or monasterevin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Portgirl

Hey,I moved to Portarlington a couple of months ago with my boyfriend and we both love living here, the people are so friendly. The only thing is most of our friends live in Dublin.

Can anyone recommend any good spots to meet new people? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Portgirl wrote: »
    Hey,I moved to Portarlington a couple of months ago with my boyfriend and we both love living here, the people are so friendly. The only thing is most of our friends live in Dublin.

Yep! At our next meet....if we can ever get a grip on organising one :mad: Making things 'sticky' makes them tidy but very quiet for some reason...:(

We could do with a good reason for a meet....Ruby, you wouldn't be able to rustle something up would you ;)

• Advertisement

TGi666 wrote: »
    just a question for anyone else on the motorway do you find it quicker gettin on at emo or monasterevin?

If going southbound Emo by a mile

Its like going around in a circle going to Monasterevin to get southbound same with heading in from Dublin its Crazy to take the Port turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

There used to be great craic going on in the evnings on one of the trains back, big group of women, haven't seen them in ages, they used to involve all around them... We need something like that! Present company excluded but some of the commuters on some of the trains I take would ate you without salt :pac:

Afraid to say I'd be one of those :pac: some days. I don't get the 17.25 home very often but the odd time I would and there'd be this woman "holding court" over her group and shouting down the carriage at people. I quickly worked out which carriage she sat in and picked a different one. Fair enough I know she was probably having a great time altogether, but I didn't want to be listening to the intimate details of her life. :rolleyes:For some reason I find the 17.50 to be the least aggravating of the trains home, but I do like to get the 17.10 the odd time just to be home "early" occasionally.

I could probably write a book on my commuting pet peeves, but right now I'm happy to be in a job so it's not getting to me as much!:D

Portgirl wrote: »

Snap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Portgirl

Its good to hear that im not the only one!

Do you work in dublin?

Im just getting used to the travelling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Yep! At our next meet....if we can ever get a grip on organising one :mad: Making things 'sticky' makes them tidy but very quiet for some reason...:(

We could do with a good reason for a meet....Ruby, you wouldn't be able to rustle something up would you ;)

I'm trying my best curvy to set a new drinks date but it seems the sticky thread is quite quiet!!!! :D

Advertisement