Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanner - Considerations

Options
  • 29-11-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

What should i be considering when buying a scanner, i bought a Dell All in One 968 with all the frills like duplex and the extra drawres and its grand for copying and all those bits but when i try and scan colour photos its not doing a good job, the specs say Max: Up to 1200 x 4800 dpi in 48 bit color

If i want WYSIWYG when i scan something what kind of specs do i need for dpi and also for bit color and is there anything else i should consider. I need this in a hurry so im going to need to go shopping with specs in mind so i appreaciate any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'd say a better approach would be to find out what's available in your shop (and price range), then read some reviews for it online.
    I wouldn't shop for a scanner on specs alone personally.

Advertisement