Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remanufactured goods

Options
  • 29-11-2008 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

hi, anyone ever bought a remanufactured item? i see a nice Garmin GPS which is listed as remanufactured and therefore a great price. I think i'll buy it unless anyone has any bad experiences to share about remanufactured thingies!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I bought refurbished goods in the past. It can be hit and miss with them just make sure you have a decent warrenty with it. First sign of trouble send it back. Also if its an online store you may have to ship it back at your own cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I bought a refurbished mac a few months ago and tbh it was like brand new. All the stickers still protecting the screen etc.
    Id go for it and save yourself a few euro's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Garmin units are generally good quality and very sturdy. I'd just be sure to check what version maps come with it, as Garmin may not allow you to update the maps, for free, if the unit has already been registered. However, if the supplier has a large number of these, then it could actually just be old stock, or damaged packaging.

Where did you find these? Wouldn't mind having a look for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Most re manufactured goods come with a good warranty. So if it has a good one id go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

mrmac wrote: »
    Where did you find these? Wouldn't mind having a look for myself.

Might be this one. They have a "find it cheaper, we'll beat it" guarantee anyway...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Not bad, but that looks like one of the older version Garmins, with the fold up receiver on the back. Nothing wrong with it, just the newer versions have the receiver inside the unit, similiar to the TomTom. Nice price for a 300 with V9 maps.

Hers's a cheaper one says it has V10 maps aswell!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

got a link for us ? - or after you decide to buy it/or not
    to see what other kinda thing they have ?

Cheaper again but no stock, but you could probably use it for a price match from one of the other suppliers...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not a Bargain Alert.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement