Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempting to identify a piece or two...

Options
  • 29-11-2008 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

So recently took an interest into a lot of the stuff that my grandfather left from his army days - among them are a number of early irish dress uniforms (one from 1939 which is amazingly well put together) and some various other pieces of equipment.

One that my dad recently found and gave to me was a medal of some sort, couldnt find any info anywhere as to exactly what it was so thought yee guys might be of some help.

Pic here, ignore my scrawny arms and face:

013837.jpg

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Hi Going Forward,

thanks for posting. It is a decoration for the Order of Malta. I am not sure for what grade but I think it may be for Professed Knights or even Knights of Obedience but don't exactly. It does belong to the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (SMOM) though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hi Preusse - Cheers, that helps figure out a few others as well. Had forgotten he was heavily involved with the Order Of Malta.

Advertisement