Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will their be more bargains in the january sales?

Options
  • 29-11-2008 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hello ,

Need a dishwasher and t.v. .Should I wait till after Christmas? Are prices usually better in January sales as compared to pre - Christmas offers.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Clothes and furniture - yes
    Electrical goods - no.

Buy now! :)
    And check out www.richersounds.ie for your TV
    Hey, I'm not pimping the place, it's in NI and comes highly recommended on boards, they have their own commerical forum here

Edit: I don't mean there won't be more bargains in January, what I mean is now is as good as time as any

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Re: the dishwasher. The retailers are pretty desparate to sell - so haggle - they will reduce the price. Also - don't always assume expensive is best. I had a look at a consumer report from the UK - and I was surprised that Beko came out best for cleaning and drying. I bought a Beko dishwasher recently for €270. My old Bosch one packed in after 4 years and would have cost nearly as much as that to repair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

definitely holding off on purchasing until the Jan sales.
    Makes sense - retail sales are down - pre-Christmas sales everywhere at the moment - reckon January sales of over 50% must happen !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

micmclo wrote: »
    Clothes and furniture - yes
    Electrical goods - no.

I disagree about the electrical goods. The shops are overstocked with TVs etc and they won't sell too many before Christmas.
    Good bargains to be had in January IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Ogham wrote: »
    Re: the dishwasher. The retailers are pretty desparate to sell - so haggle - they will reduce the price. Also - don't always assume expensive is best. I had a look at a consumer report from the UK - and I was surprised that Beko came out best for cleaning and drying. I bought a Beko dishwasher recently for €270. My old Bosch one packed in after 4 years and would have cost nearly as much as that to repair!

Just wanted to agree, I bought a miele and it's rubbish, can't wait until it kicks the bucket. I had an old hotpoint that was fantastic and it lasted years.

Re. Jan Sales
    Always worth waiting until after xmas to buy stuff. If you think they're desperate now, wait until Jan. I would research and note the current prices around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

research now write down the prices, the when the real sales start, show the stores what it was, and if they say 20% off and its not, you can argue the point with them, i have being using this method for years and it works.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

1966 wrote: »
    definitely holding off on purchasing until the Jan sales.
    Makes sense - retail sales are down - pre-Christmas sales everywhere at the moment - reckon January sales of over 50% must happen !!

agreed, there is no doubt there will be better offers later in december or in january. Put it this way, usually there are no sales at this time of year and 50% off in January. There are already 25%/30%/50% sales on, there will be 70% sales in loads of place by the end of the month.

Stores have twice the stock they normally have at this time of year, they will need to sell it at cost or below or be stuck with it for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

internet people, INTERNET

Advertisement