Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep Paralysis

Options
  • 29-11-2008 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if any one else suffers from this? I have suffered from this for most of my adult life and looking more in to it getting information and stuff, I suffer more so when i get stressed, Its a terrifying kind of experiance but kind of use to it now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

I suffer from it. I remember the first time getting it, i got such a fright. But now its not to bad.
    I dont get any aliens or old hags with mine. Its just me on my own. Its a little bit dissapointing. So much so that now when i get it, i am pretty much in control and i try to create these "so called effects" But i am unable to.
    My sister also suffer's from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I suffer from it. I remember the first time getting it, i got such a fright. But now its not to bad.
    I dont get any aliens or old hags with mine. Its just me on my own. Its a little bit dissapointing. So much so that now when i get it, i am pretty much in control and i try to create these "so called effects" But i am unable to.
    My sister also suffer's from it.

Ditto! I think everybody suffers from it at some point or another, it's no big deal. Basically when you are asleep your brain paralises your body so you don't physically act out your dreams, however sometimes you wake up and the paralysis hasn't worn off, when it happens to me I find that concentrating on moving a limb or my head etc. brings me more fully awake and the effect goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭pbody1985

hey all ,

just thought i would post my apperience on here incase anyone else has felt the same ... over the last couple of months i have been have dreams that someonebody or something is trying to stangle me in my sleep . I go to bed nod off and during the night im dreaming ( or think im dreaming ) that a figure ( i dark man with hat ) standing over me then putting out his arms and coming towards my kneck ... as soon as he reaches my kneck i wake up .. but i always scream in my little then bolt off the bed ... another night i actually felt like he was staggling me and had his hand around my kneck and i couldnt breathe .. same screamed in my sleep and then jumped out of the bed and ran into the toliet ... one night i screamed that loud my mum came out to see if i was alright .. its always the same time during the night and always the same dream of me lying on my back in bed in my room ... anyone got any opions on this or experined anything simaler .. im actually afraid of going to sleep now

Advertisement