Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Trolley jacks

Options
  • 28-11-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

LIDL have small trolley car jacks, 17 bobs they're an absolute bargain. 2 ton lift in em.fierce handy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Got one of these a few weeks ago. Dead handy for changing the oil and other small jobs (with axle stands for safety of course). The headight bulbs and wipers were very cheap as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Philush

ah stop they're the business, this is my secon oone,had one but couldnt pass this one by at that price like,had to put the car up on blocks revcently and two would have made it so much easier! missed out on the wipers but got bulbs alright,havent put em in yet tho,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Well worth keeping a pack of bulbs handy for when one blows. The amount of cars i've seen the last while with blown bulbs is crazy.

ah sure stop no one even realises,i often wonder how they see anything at all, usually the response i get is "sure how would i no that, or sure nobody told me" i often wonder how they even manage to get up in the morning.always handy to have the spares alright, nearly have a second car worth of parts in the boot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

I remember the last batch of these Jacks in LIDL. I was gonna buy one but there were several leaking oil so I was put off.
    Do you reckon they're trustworthy / reliable? They're the last kinda thing you'd want letting you down on a dark wet night out in the middle of nowhere.

• Advertisement

yeah ive never had a problem with them anyway, just to point out the h+S elements you should never solely rely on a jack anyway, but apart from that once you make sure and tighten the valve nut type thing on em you shouldnt have a problem.they might just have been leaking due to the way they were stacked,but ive never had a problem with them and would always use em over any of the car jacks supplied in the cars

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

I have one 4 years now ,bloody marvelous ,great for a caravan too .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Philush wrote: »
    LIDL have small trolley car jacks, 17 bobs they're an absolute bargain. 2 ton lift in em.fierce handy

Cheers thanks for the heads up ,i just got one.

They had car stands 19.99 abit like axel stands but flat on top not sure id trust them though.

Advertisement