Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS + Endeavour separated?

Options
  • 28-11-2008 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I looked up to see Endeavour docked to the ISS this evening (just now, 17:29 GMT) and was very surprised to see two objects travelling in the same orbit close to each other. I was only expecting to see one object. The one "behind" was much the brighter, and the one in front much paler/smaller. Was this the shuttle? Are they separated?

I'm confused ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Manuel

That was a bit lazy of me. Two minutes on Google explained all:

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2008/11/endeavour-undocks-late-inspections/

It looked damn cool ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

I saw it as well, 17:32 here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

seen it myself at 17.33,figured that's what it was,glad to get confirmation.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chilipepper

Iss and Endeavour will be visible this evening at 17.56

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Shuttle can be tracked on this site.

http://www.n2yo.com/

Also includes 5 day preddictions

Better hurry, it's passing over the south in a minute or 2

• Advertisement

Well, went outside to see the iss and it was clouded over. All day had a lovely blue sky and now cloud. I think it was the only bit of cloud in ireland.:confused: I hope someone else got to see it..

Saw it

Spectacular imho.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Endeavour will be landing at around 18:15 today (Sunday). Sky News usually how the landings live.

landing put back to 19.54 due to crap weather at KSC.

Kevster wrote: »
    Endeavour will be landing at around 18:15 today (Sunday). Sky News usually how the landings live.
    you can see live coverage of Endeavour returning to earth on nasa TV on there web site

• Advertisement

What time is it landing?

barnicles wrote: »
    What time is it landing?

Thanks

21.25 at edwards air force base,weather was too bad in florida.

Sky aren't showing it :( :mad:

they only joined the orbiter when it was a couple of minutes from touchdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Sky did show it, eventually. You could even watch until the crew came out of the shuttle if you had Sky Active. Can you imagine the sense of relief and sense of 'home' those guys feel when they feel the wheels touching down? Must be something else.

Kevster wrote: »
    Sky did show it, eventually. You could even watch until the crew came out of the shuttle if you had Sky Active. Can you imagine the sense of relief and sense of 'home' those guys feel when they feel the wheels touching down? Must be something else.

thats how i watched it too. it's great watching the nasa tv coverage on a proper tv. the launches are great on sky news active,no stupid presenters and 'experts' talking all over the bloody thing.:cool:

Advertisement