Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight

Options
  • 28-11-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there anything a complete beginner can see with my scope in the sky tonight. I saw mention of Venus and Jupiter in a previous thread. Will I still see them at about 8pm?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 murphyme

They will have set by 8PM.

Venus will set at around 18:30 over the next few days so look in the south west to see them.

If you have a PC download a program called stellaruim. It is a nice, easy to use, planetaruim program and will show you where the planets are.

Alternatively go to heavens-above.com and you can generate star charts.

Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I'm a total beginner as well. I find this sky chart useful. http://skychart.skytonight.com/observing/skychart/skychart.asp. Put in your location and it will show you what you can see and at what time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

This is a newbie question but what exactly will you see the telescope, common sense tells me its not like looking at a picture. But, do you see any detail at all?

Advertisement