Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a New PC soon.. need advice

Options
  • 28-11-2008 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im looking into getting a new machine in the next month or so. All of my old PCs i've 'built' on the dell site and am now looking at HP and a few other manufacturers.

Requirements:
    Will be using machine for 3ds Max and photoshop, with a bit of flight sim on the side, so i'll need-
    Quad Core
    Max ram
    512Mb graphics card minimum, maybe even 1024?
    500Gb-1 Tb Hard drive.

If possible, I'd like it to have HD out (i assume that is a graphics card requirement/feature?) and would like TV tuner + remote, but can add this later.

Basically with that in mind i've found the hp m9200.

I suppose what I really want here is advice on that machine in particular or a similar machine with sameish spec? Also, I know PC World can be pricey for peripherals, but are they good value on desktops? If not, can anyone recommend a HP stockist. And finally, if anyone has a similar setup or uses their comp for the same sort reasons (3D CAD) can they offer any advice on what to look for.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement