Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Active User directory(domain controller) and password expiration

Options
  • 28-11-2008 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭

In our workplace we have a number of user accounts set up on a domain that connect through to a shared network resource using a mapped network drive. Frequently some users need their password reset becasue it states that it has expired even though when you check their accounts i.e the expiration date is set to never expired. Would any IT genius know why this happens on a frequent basis to some account even though this setting is set?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

the expiry you see in the account is the accounts expiry, not the passwords expiry. The password expiry is set in the default group policy if not elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭billyhead

Sorry for my stupidity, but how do you get into the deafult group policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

billyhead wrote: »
    Sorry for my stupidity, but how do you get into the deafult group policy?

In active directory, right click the root of your domain, choose properties>group policy. I'd be here all day explaining the options but a google search for group policy password policies should answer all your questions.

Best of luck :-)

Advertisement