Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splitting 8gb Video File?

Options
  • 28-11-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey guys dunno if this should go in a PS3 forum or video editing?

Anyways...

I have a .mkv file, its 8gbs in size and i want to be able to transfer it onto my PS3, problem is that my external hard drive will not take files larger than 4gb so i have to split the file. I tried HJ splitter but that splits the file into formats that are not compatible with the ps3, in other words there is no way to rejoin them on the PS3.

Is there any softweare that will split files into two .wmv files???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Use mkv2vob.
    Splits .mkv files larger than 4gb (set it to fat32limit in the config page) and select m2ts as the output file.
    This is the bluray format which the PS3 supports.
    I've done about 40 or so on for my ps3 so far with no probs :)
    Plus it's free;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Use mkv2vob.
    Splits .mkv files larger than 4gb (set it to fat32limit in the config page) and select m2ts as the output file.
    This is the bluray format which the PS3 supports.
    I've done about 40 or so on for my ps3 so far with no probs :)
    Plus it's free;)

Perfect answer iv been looking for...thanks a million!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Use mkv2vob.

Great little program. I've been using it for a few months now and no complaints.

Advertisement