Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inno x lite

Options
  • 28-11-2008 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi there, as anyone used the new model by win win, I think its the inno x lite model ( about 1040 grams ) the reason I ask is because of the weight issue. I am in the process of buying a recurve bow ( my first ) , I had a look at one particular model by hoyt, and although its a beautiful bow and all that, I was wondering would the lighter riser by an advantage or is this the way people are going now.The hoyt model seemed a little heavy in my hand ( about1300 grams I beleive ) and most other models I think are this weight.
    I'm not a weakling or anything but is lighter better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Which Hoyt Riser is your option?

Its a bit of a cop-out answer, but light risers and heavier risers react differently, and each archer has a preference. In terms of actual bow weight, there is not much of a difference really when at full draw. The difference comes in the forgivness of the riser and the followthrough post release.

If you are thinking of going for a high end Hoyt or a carbon W&W, it looks like you are about to spend quite a bit of money. It would be a shame to get the wrong thing. Is there anywhere you can try out a carbon riser and a Hoyt riser? They don't have to be the exact models but at least it would give you an indication of the difference in reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

As Panserborn says the lighter bows react differently.

I shoot a very light setup indoors, i have a PSE X-factor riser (1130g, give or take a couple of grams) and i know that if i'm not shooting well it will crucify me, a light system will move more if you make a mistake, but saying that when i'm fit and shooting well it is the nicest setup i've ever shot...

The reason i went for such a light riser was so i could play with the balance and i like the bow to come out of my hand fast after release (it nearly dislocate my fingers when it hits the sling!)

I found this kind of setup is fine indoors, the only thing that has an effect on the shot is you. But outdoors i have to add more weight to make the bow more stable in the wind

This is my experience with light risers, i'd really recommend trying a few different risers out, even if it means buying the rest of the setup first and then borrowing risers off people to try for a week (you'd be surprised how many archers have piles of risers hidden away...)

(P.s I may have been away but I'm coming back. be warned i will return :P...)

Advertisement