Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sub Forum Request - Northern Ireland Bargains

Options
  • 28-11-2008 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

Mods how about creating a new sub forum for bargains in the north, there are so many bargains up north it reallys deserves its own forum. The Shopping In Northern Ireland thread is getting very heavy...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I wouldn't mind see one either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

Hi above phones there today limit 2 per customer .They are locked to t mobile but i presume it can be unlocked .It takes a sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭leex

Would be good to see the bargains on their own, removed from all of the talk about time to go, town to go to etc etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

DonJose wrote: »
    Mods how about creating a new sub forum for bargains in the north, there are so many bargains up north it reallys deserves its own forum. The Shopping In Northern Ireland thread is getting very heavy...

Wrong place for suggesting it. Try over in system->forums

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Great Idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Great idea, definitely support this idea.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

kearnsr wrote: »

as kearnsr says, wrong place to post this request but i do support it to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

kearnsr wrote: »

Cheers, didn't know about that, just posted there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055429431

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

"It is your patriotic duty to shop in the republic"- Brian Lenihan

Thats why this government is doing everything possible to assist the Irish economy like putting up the VAT rate (which makes goods more expensive again), raising taxes (which takes money out of people's pockets and thus reduces their spending power) and spending taxpayers money abroad on hair dos and the like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

great ikea

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thats why this government is doing everything possible to assist the Irish economy like putting up the VAT rate (which makes goods more expensive again), raising taxes (which takes money out of people's pockets and thus reduces their spending power) and spending taxpayers money abroad on hair dos and the like :rolleyes:

i seen this in the herald AM this morning, i couldnt believe it, and the part we are paying for her majesties (sp) taxes :eek:

kceire wrote: »
    i seen this in the herald AM this morning, i couldnt believe it, and the part we are paying for her majesties (sp) taxes :eek:

I'd rather pay her majesty's taxes than Mary Harneys hair-do :D I've easily diverted €1k in VAT across the border in the last month, am i bovvered???

_41043976_variety4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

I agree also, good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Were we wrong all along????

union%20jack.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

or not just N. Ireland, another forum for all non-ROI BA as the odd time you get these threads where not applicable to Ireland and it just takes up space

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

What is with Irish people and sub forums?

Too many sub forums ruin a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

This would be a great sub-forum. It would clear up the main one and have a place where NI shoppers can look aswell.

There is one HUGE thread dedicated to shopping in Northern Ireland in bargain alerts, half the posts are "where is Asda?", the other half are "when can I buy booze in Asda?", a dedicated forum would allow posters to create threads and out the many bargains available in the North.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

meh, then we would need an 'online bargains' forum, a uk bargain forums, a clothes bargain forum, a TV bargains forum etc etc.. it'd be never ending. certainly there are many more online bargains posted than there are northern ireland ones..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

No.
    The Bargin Alerts board is one of the few consistently active boards on boards.ie that isn't media or sport related. I would be very wary splintering it in the way suggested at this point in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

:mad:absoulte disgrace putting that union jack up, please take it down as it was NOT one bit funny!

Syferus wrote: »
    No.
    The Bargin Alerts board is one of the few consistently active boards on boards.ie that isn't media or sport related. I would be very wary splintering it in the way suggested at this point in time.

There are a lot more bargains to be had in the north than in the south, I'd most likely end up posting a couple dozen northern ireland bargains in bargains alerts every week, only for people to complain that northern ireland bargains should be posted in a seperate thread/forum.

The new forum is already being supported by 2 Bargain Alerts moderators. If anybody would like to see a Northern Ireland Bargain Alerts forum please show your support at the link below.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Why not support the new tags system on this forum and simply tag any Northern Irish bargains with [NI] or something similar? A far simpler option in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

yeah-buddy wrote: »
    :mad:absoulte disgrace putting that union jack up, please take it down as it was NOT one bit funny!

eh?

I support the idea, the NI bargains thread just can't cope and you miss so many because noone is bothered reading through the conversations about what exit to take for Newry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭rom

a bargin is a bargin if its up north or from a website in france

And what about the governments patriotic duty to have minded and spent our money wisely when we had any.

That patriotic horse has long since bolted :pac:

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    eh?

I support the idea, the NI bargains thread just can't cope and you miss so many because noone is bothered reading through the conversations about what exit to take for Newry.

Then give it a thumbs up at the link below ;)

DonJose wrote: »
    Then give it a thumbs up at the link below ;)

Done and done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

penguin88 wrote: »
    Why not support the new tags system on this forum and simply tag any Northern Irish bargains with [NI] or something similar? A far simpler option in my opinion.

Agreed..simply tagging the NI bargains would be so much easier

Advertisement