Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Reg review of Moto TLKR T7

Options
  • 28-11-2008 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

'Motorola's TLKR T7 package consist of two radios with belt clips and a charger cradle that allows you charge both handsets simultaneously. You also get a couple of small plastic adaptors that will let you charge the batteries when removed from the handsets - handy as the radios will also operate from a couple of AAA disposables. Each handset also has its own 9V DC socket...

'The T7 comes with eight PMR channels along with 38 CTSS (Continuous Tone-Coded Squelch System) and 83 DCS (Digital-Coded Squelch) codes...

And especially for Tommy...
    "The volume at which the VOX system picks up can be adjusted to one of five settings so you can set it to activate only when you speak loudly or to pick up general under-the-breath muttering and heavy breathing."

Fun for the outdoor type and anyone keen to bring out their inner Action Man. Roger and out.

Note - that MSRP of 90GBP is for the whole package, which I think is good value.

Tip - to protect the screen from BBs (or indeed 15J paintballs), cut the top off an old shampoo bottle of suitable size at a level which covers the screen and buttons but leaves the jack and volume knob accessible. Place the radio inside the bottle inside your pouch. And/or face the screen inwards. Blue Peter would be proud.

Now all I have to do is fix my damn PTT.

Advertisement