Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 toll payment missed by 8pm

Options
  • 28-11-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I made 2 trips through the M50 toll last Sunday 23rd Nov. As I'm not from Dublin and very rarely use this road I have no tag. So, I forget to pay the toll by 8pm on Monday! :rolleyes:
    I still haven't received any notification by mail and I can't pay online or over the phone. I have to wait for mail!

Anyone know how long it takes to get notification from them??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

Same thing happened to me about 2 months back. Pretty sure it was almost 2 weeks before I got a notification. Surprising thing was it was only for €6, which was the cost of 2 trips. I understood that if you didn't pay by 8pm the following day the fee was increased. I even went back the following day with the number on the letter and it said paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Niall F wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me about 2 months back. Pretty sure it was almost 2 weeks before I got a notification. Surprising thing was it was only for €6, which was the cost of 2 trips. I understood that if you didn't pay by 8pm the following day the fee was increased. I even went back the following day with the number on the letter and it said paid.
    They have been waiving the late payment fee. However, they don't waive the fine that arrives late.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

i'd say u shud go to a payzone outlet or online/phone with ur laser/visa and pay it soon as...

i think u might be ok...i work in a shop that has the payzone machine.....a man came in and said that he had passed through the T/B 2 days ago and he wanted to pay the fine..... but when i put his reg in the machine it jus wanted the €6 for the two trips....didnt want a fine....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I passed through the tollgate last Monday week and I got a letter at the end of that week (dated Wednesday).

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

They are placing an extra charge of 3 euro per trip{on late payment}starting 30th nov.If this isnt paid by 2 weeks they fine is 43 euro.They also take payment over the phone by credit/debit card

• Advertisement

i thought that extra charge started the 15th Nov? they sent me a letter to that effect but they may have extended it.

pay it, it's better that you just do it straight away. System is stupid anyway as you don't even get to put the date that you travelled in. We got 5 letters on friday and had paid all of them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

System is stupid anyway as you don't even get to put the date that you travelled in. We got 5 letters on friday and had paid all of them!!

And I thought I was the only one getting hate mail from Toll Company. I now have 8 letters telling me I haven't paid on 8 different occasions...only problem - I have!

It is disapointing that no confirmation email is sent to users to confirm payment. You need to print out the receipt page or save as a pdf file if paying by credit card over internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Well I contacted EFlow twice, and it turns out that there is no record of me going through the toll at all... ever! I went through it twice on the 23rd Nov, once at 9am and once at 4pm. Neither time was I picked up my the toll camera!! My reg plate was clean and perfectly visible. Great system there!

and some poor sod got your bill!
    Feck them, tis not your problem

MargeS wrote: »
    Well I contacted EFlow twice, and it turns out that there is no record of me going through the toll at all... ever! I went through it twice on the 23rd Nov, once at 9am and once at 4pm. Neither time was I picked up my the toll camera!! My reg plate was clean and perfectly visible. Great system there!

So, if you hadn't forgotten and paid before 8pm of the evening in question you would have given them €6 for nothing!!! Doesn't encourage people to log on to the site and pay them then does it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

If you forget to pay by 8pm the next day then they will sent you out a letter eventually that you have 14 days to pay your toll. Its 14 days from the date that the letter is issued if i remember correctly. Its still a normal toll charge. There will be a number in the letter and you just go onto the eflow website, go to pay penalty and then just enter the number and the amount owed is shown. You can pay by visa, laser etc.

Anyway if you forget to pay within those 14 days then they will give you a fine of 35 euro or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tipperarymike

Hi lads,

Hoping nobody minds if I piggyback this one. A few months back I went through the toll twice, as you do. Naturally being a fella that never does anything on time, in case it makes life too easy, I didnt pay the toll the next day. Then I went to add the vehicle to my existing account but it told me to contact the call centre, that went nowhere cause the operator and I couldnt understand what I was on about. I guess being from Tipp and the accent that comes with can be a problem but I hadnt a clue what she was banging on about either. So I waited for the notice to arrive, when it did it was after the initial two weeks period was up, but the day it came I phoned up to sort it out. They were to get back to me but didnt , so I mailed them again, finally I got a reply saying tough s..t, not so nicely put as that but it conveyed the point and that I had to pay the fine which is like 40 euro or something.

So my thing is, what should I do. Like I went to pay it, but it didnt take it, then I phoned but got nowhere and when the notification arrived later than the required period they told me it was my fault. I really would rather not pay the 80e if at all possible, cause like I think I did what I ought to have, well if you leave out not paying in the first place!!!!

Thanks

Mike

Kind of leaves you stuck I would say. From their point of view, you are outside the time limits and therefore you have to pay the amount they specified. From your point of view, I'd imagine you'd be quite happy to pay the €6 for the 2 trips.
    I'd like to say hold your ground but unfortunately companies have a habit of winning out in things like this.
    Unfortunately its up to you to prove you're in the right. So, do you have the notice and the envelope? Is there a postmark? Good chance it was franked and would have a date on it. Do you still have the mails you sent? Were they within the 14 days? When you phoned, was it recent? Does your phone have a history of calls made and how long? Doesn't prove what was said but every little helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Believe it or not but I actually got the letter for the Nov 23rd M50 trip, last week. How can they possibly go from having absolutely no record of me going through the toll, to exact times that I passed through, nearly 2 months later? Great system that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭fletch

Hi lads,

Hoping nobody minds if I piggyback this one. A few months back I went through the toll twice, as you do. Naturally being a fella that never does anything on time, in case it makes life too easy, I didnt pay the toll the next day. Then I went to add the vehicle to my existing account but it told me to contact the call centre, that went nowhere cause the operator and I couldnt understand what I was on about. I guess being from Tipp and the accent that comes with can be a problem but I hadnt a clue what she was banging on about either. So I waited for the notice to arrive, when it did it was after the initial two weeks period was up, but the day it came I phoned up to sort it out. They were to get back to me but didnt , so I mailed them again, finally I got a reply saying tough s..t, not so nicely put as that but it conveyed the point and that I had to pay the fine which is like 40 euro or something.

So my thing is, what should I do. Like I went to pay it, but it didnt take it, then I phoned but got nowhere and when the notification arrived later than the required period they told me it was my fault. I really would rather not pay the 80e if at all possible, cause like I think I did what I ought to have, well if you leave out not paying in the first place!!!!

Thanks

Mike
    Just pay the €6 and let them sing for late fees and fines

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

Hi,
    Is the €3 toll fine legal. It's not on any of their main signage! is it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

groomek wrote: »
    They are placing an extra charge of 3 euro per trip{on late payment}starting 30th nov.If this isnt paid by 2 weeks they fine is 43 euro.They also take payment over the phone by credit/debit card
    They are now asking me for this (the 43 euro). Times three so I now owe them 140-odd quid.

Do you reckon I should pay it or will they seriously take me to court?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you (rather, your vehicle) used the road and you didn't pay, then you are likely to end up in court at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The advertised price is 3 euros for a car. If the nra try charge you more then they are guilty of misleading advertising (consumer protection act 2007) and possibly a breach of their byelaws. Also the advertised price here says 3 euros

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Victor wrote: »
    If you (rather, your vehicle) used the road and you didn't pay, then you are likely to end up in court at some point.
    Just paid the fines there. Don't want to risk it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement