Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVG Internet Security v8 (Pay for):

Options
  • 28-11-2008 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭

I've just done a wipe of my machine & reinstalled the OS (XP Pro) and AVG Internet Security v8.

AVG always used to pop up a window when I tried to run a newly installed program which needed Internet access but it is not doing that since the reinstall. The box used to ask if you wanted to "ALLOW", "BLOCK" & it had a check box that you could Tic to activate the "Always use this answer" option.

Now it just automatically blocks everything with no MSG or warning whatsoever. If I go to the Firewall Applications section & manually allow the blocked programs they all work fine.

I have re-ran the Firewall configuration wizard & have the radio button ticked for "Always Ask" (under the additional applications section).

I've also posed this question to AVG Technical Support but since they changed name/ownership they seem to take forever to reply (if at all).

How can I get that prompt box working again?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement