Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topgear Live - Anyone been?

Options
  • 28-11-2008 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Has anyone been to topgear live yet? I am going on Saturday and was wondering what people who have seen it have thought?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Have been it sucked. There are reviews in this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055374870

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It was fun, but not worth €100. The show itself seemed to have little to do with motoring and was more The Stand-Up Comedy of Mssrs Clarkson, Hammond, and May. Which wasn't to say it wasn't very funny in parts - but there wasn't really much talking about specific cars, other than the Cool Wall segment (in which Clarkson overrulled all the audience judgements, until the audience started voting the way he wanted!).

More theatre than Top Gear - and the finale featuring the Stig was just plain wierd.

Motoring enthusiasts will have been more impressed with the exhibition - even that was basically More Toys For Big Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I was there last night. The bit where they got the audience to participate in the "power lap" thingy was a bit of a laugh. Also, the "Fiesta Football" was a good laugh. It was always gonna be hard to translate it into a live theatre setting...but it was good for a first time,methinks? I might even go back to it next year....?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I thought it was good. took some pics if interested http://pix.ie/jennypenny/album/330855

Oh
    The bit where they got the audience to participate in the "power lap" thingy was a bit of a laugh

By the way... We beat yere time :P we were the top of the board at the 7.30pm sat show :D

(no competitive streak in me at all ... :cool: lol)

Advertisement