Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All in Wonder Protection and Maintenance?

Options
  • 28-11-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know of any program that could take care of everything protection, privacy and performance wise.

At the moment, for these I use:
    Microsoft XP Firewall
    Avira Free AntiVirus
    Advanced System Care 3 for system maintenance and diagnostics
    CCleaner to get rid of all the crap
    AdAware spyware remover

That's 5 different programs which all share something in common.

So is there anything out there that can do what all of these separate programs do, together in the one package that wont use up too much ram, isn't a pain to keep up to date, easy enough to set up and use and if possible, freeware?

Also, if there is a program that can do all the above PLUS has a "file recoverer" for accidentally deleted files and a "permanent delete" function to securely wipe any deleted files that's would be great Smile

Any feedback welcome:)

P.S. Do I need Adaware and CCleaner if I have Advanced System Care 3?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You know what I use, Nat on the router. That's it.

Do you know how many virus's my machine has picked up in the last 2 years. None.

Best all-round protection you can get is between the keyboard and the chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What's Nat on the router?:o

I'd be using my laptop in various locations all around the place connecting to different routers all the time though, so I'd still need the on board protection too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

cormie wrote: »
    What's Nat on the router?:o

Basic hardware firewall, turned on by default on all home routers.

Advertisement