Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

download an entire website

Options
  • 28-11-2008 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

wat is the easiest way to do this is there any websiite you recommend

kindest regards

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Give a little more detail!! What sort of website, what you want to do with it? Any customisations?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Keewee6

we have a site that someone designed just and a new php version was installed on it recently so if i upload something the menu disappears due to the php code reverting to the old version . i want to download the website to have the new version . is there a website to download sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

If the PHP code is "reverting" to the old version then maybe it's been taken from a cache on the server.

If you want to download a website, as in full source code (php etc), you'll have to log into your hosting site and use whatever control panel they provide.

You can also download websites, but only the HTML (i.e. everything after php has been executed on the server) using some download manager. There's an extention for Firefox to download websites I think.

Google is also your friend CLICKY

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Keewee6

can you clear the cache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

You can force a server to fetch a new version of a file rather than one that it has cached by appending a name-value pair to the end of a url.

eg. The page is
    www.mysite.com/test.php

just append something like the following
    www.mysite.com/test.php?blah=blah

This should also force the server to "realise" that there is an updated version of the file and to replace the old version which it has cached.

• Advertisement
Advertisement