Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Isle Hotel

Options
  • 27-11-2008 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Are the Green Isle Conference Leisure & Spa hotel and Lynch's Green Isle Hotel the same thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Moved to Dublin West forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭In$omniac

Yes they are :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

kcb wrote: »
    Are the Green Isle Conference Leisure & Spa hotel and Lynch's Green Isle Hotel the same thing?

Yes they are one and the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Nice one

Would there be a decent Indian takeaway nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Depends on what mode of transport you have, but the nicest Indian food in Dublin is from a takeaway called Poppadom down in the Newlands Shopping Centre, directly across the road from the Bewley's Hotel. They do deliveries, but not sure if they would deliver to a hotel???

http://www.poppadom.ie/newlandcross.pdf

• Advertisement

Depends on what mode of transport you have, but the nicest Indian food in Dublin is from a takeaway called Poppadom down in the Newlands Shopping Centre, directly across the road from the Bewley's Hotel. They do deliveries, but not sure if they would deliver to a hotel???

http://www.poppadom.ie/newlandcross.pdf

Perfect, thanks. I know the one actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

I have been to Poppadom down in the Newlands Shopping Centre.
    Highly recommended. One of the best in Dublin.

I have been to Poppadom down in the Newlands Shopping Centre.
    Highly recommended. One of the best in Dublin.

Absolute quality.
    Best Indian take-away I've been to.
    And very reasonable prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Looks like that's the benchmark.
    If we find a better one, it should be worth going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 powerie1

The Green Isle was taken over by Brennans from Lynch. It is the same hotel in Newlands Cross off the M50. Their rates are really low and the hotel is not that far from the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Was down in Poppadom last night and they have a new, significantly expanded menu. Unfortunately it's not just the selection of items that has expanded, the prices have shot up. A samarkand naan was €1.90 and is now €3.50, pilau rice gone from €1.25 to €2. Most of the existing mains have gone up about €2. And I thought these were deflationarly times! I definitely won't be going as often now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well rice prices shot up globally last year thanks to Vietnam and other countries holding onto their stocks so a rise in rice prices might be understandable but it should have happened last year but there's no excuse for other price rises...unless they were always very cheap and are now just charging the going rate.

Was down in Poppadom last night and they have a new, significantly expanded menu. Unfortunately it's not just the selection of items that has expanded, the prices have shot up. A samarkand naan was €1.90 and is now €3.50, pilau rice gone from €1.25 to €2. Most of the existing mains have gone up about €2. And I thought these were deflationarly times! I definitely won't be going as often now.

Disappointing to hear and it would certainly put you off going there, but then their prices were amazingly low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

http://www.himalayatandoori.com/ is a great take away (pick only)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Smoggy wrote: »
    http://www.himalayatandoori.com/ is a great take away (pick only)

What do you mean '(pick only)'? :confused:

EDIT: Also, is that in the village centre where Tuthills used to be?

Advertisement