Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1940s gaa medal

Options
  • 27-11-2008 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Not sure if Im posting this in the right forum but heres the problem-
    I have a 1940s Gaa medal inscribed with "Craobh Connacht Peil Sinsear Gallimh" it also has the name O`Liam, now im trying to find an owner. It was given to a relation of mine who passed away in the 90s and we would like to give it back to the family of the owner, Ive contacted the Galway Gaa who have searched the records and tried all they can to find out whos it was originally but to no avail!

What next?

Any ideas appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

Not sure if Im posting this in the right forum but heres the problem-
    I have a 1940s Gaa medal inscribed with "Craobh Connacht Peil Sinsear Gallimh" it also has the name O`Liam, now im trying to find an owner. It was given to a relation of mine who passed away in the 90s and we would like to give it back to the family of the owner, Ive contacted the Galway Gaa who have searched the records and tried all they can to find out whos it was originally but to no avail!

What next?

Any ideas appreciated

You could try putting an ad in one of the Galway County papers, maybe with a photogragh of the medal on it. Maybe also if you could egt into contact with one of the players who played for Galway during that era and he might be able to help.

Advertisement