Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southern Sky - Planet ID's

Options
  • 27-11-2008 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what are the two planets visible in the sky to the south observed just before sunset today, the dimmer one slightly higher and to the left of the much brighter one?

Or am I actually looking at planets at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

venus Jupiter and also sirius possibly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭yhwh

Thanks Redman,

Was just checking a sky guide and it is Venus and Jupiter, Venus being the brighter and lower of the two. They were quite brilliant against the background of the setting sun, an amazing sight and something I have'nt seen before. Must get myself a telescope for Xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Agreed - I saw these last night as the sun was setting. Awesome sight. I guessed Venus, which I was proud of, but thought the other one was a star. Thanks for confirming.

Advertisement