Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 7" Digital Photo Frame - €39.99

Options
  • 27-11-2008 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Picked this up in Argos today, I thought this was a good price for a Philips, seems to be in or around €80 online. It's in one of the promotional leaflets (think it might be summer stock given the code prefix below), says reduced to €59.99 but on price checker and through till more importantly it was €39.99:D

The Argos code is 569/0271 for anyone interestsed and the model is number is 7FF3FPB just incase you want to check out the spec.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

This isn't as good value as it looks initially - it doesn't have the high resolution which most of the other Philips photoframes do. It's 480 x 234 rather than 800x480.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Mickdots

yep not really a bargin!!

actually need one of these as an xmas present but i rather wait till something better comes along!! and cheap :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

That is a bargain surely. The cheapest brand name one with the same res on pixmania is over €70.

Just because it isnt high spec doesnt mean that it wont pass as a perfect xmas pressie for less tech minded people than ourselves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Lidl Have one for sale 8" but its for €90, so for 7" your right - its not a bad price at all at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

One of the duty free shops in Dublin airport generally has the better quality Philips 7" 800x480 frame for about €90/99 - that's the best deal I've seen in a bricks and mortar shop so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

guys anyone know how to find this on www.argos.ie and reserve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

:eek: For once, it's dearer in the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mjconn

Anyone know if it has any intrernal memory or is an sd card needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LINDA08

Think it needs a memory stick or multimedia card.

Can't resevere it online but can by phone 01-2161616, you will need your store number from back or argos catalogue and the code above, just ordered another one cos it fits into my bank balance just perfectly;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks I just reseved one. They may not be amazing quality, but 40 squids for a digital photo frame is fantastic value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

has any one bought and used?
    I got two as presents so don't want to open but would like an opinion on how they look

cheers

Got it yesterday, thanks OP. Fantastic deal for 40 squids

I have opened it and turned it on but I have not put any photos on it yet. Will do tonight and report back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

would appreciate that

cheers

Ok so I gave it a go yesterday. Quality is ok but certainly not brilliant. Still good, and still great value, but if you are comparing it to ones that cost 2-3 times the price you'll be dissappointed. Seemed to squash teh photos a little - I just put in the SD card from my digital camera, some seem a little odd. Scrolling can be a big jadgged.

They are the bad points, everything else is great. Still recommended for 40 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

can anyone link me to the product, i put the code in and argos tells me it doesnt exist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

argos dont have all their products on the website, youll have to go instore or reserve over the phone.

Advertisement