Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle Hueston to Baggot St (Lower)

Options
  • 27-11-2008 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭

Guys got annual rail ticket and decided cycling would be the quickest way from Hueston to BoI Baggot St. What's the best route andany advice,m? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I used to cross over to the south quays and head up the hill past the brewery, then along Thomas St, and cut through eventually to Leeson St, Fitzwilliam, Baggot.

I now go along the quays, over O'Connell Bridge, round Trinity, up Kildare St, down Baggot St.

This second route is significantly quicker, and surprisingly safe. It's the outbound route along the south quays that's nasty, so I come a different way (via Thomas St, Military Road)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Came up before, and this was the route suggested... this one is an alternate, and probably the route I'd use

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I would avoid the Quays entirely and go up Steeven's Lane and along James' Street. Routes from Heuston are a bit of a religious question around here. Will you be wearing a helmet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If I can get one to fit my head, would like too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

For what it's worth, the Dublin Transportation Office website has a cycle and walking route planner.

http://www.dto.ie/web2006/jp.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement