Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demand for Science/Biology Teachers?

Options
  • 27-11-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi I have always wanted to teach & I have applied to Trinity & through the PAC for the PGDE in 09. (I have a 2.1 degree & a PhD, so I should be ok with points for courses), I have checked with the teaching council & my degree qualifies me to teach Biology(to LC) &Science (to JC), basically what I'm wondering is, is there much demand for biology/science teachers at the moment? Is the PGDE flooded with biology/science teachers? Has anyone done the PGDE & gone on to teach biology/science? How difficult did you find getting a job?
    All advice appreciated even if it's not what I want to hear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Hate to say it but demand for teachers overall seems to be dropping, there is very little job security ive been qualified for 5 years and have still to get a contract of my own hours. Still covering job share etc. only jobs that are being advertised at the min are maternity leaves and the odd sick leave, and with subbing being cut now the opportunity to get your foot in the door will be severly cut. Basically its not an easy job to get into reagardless of subjects!

sorry depressing i know!

Advertisement