Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Price Error

Options
  • 27-11-2008 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I dont know how widespread this is but.......
    I was in Tesco this morning in Wexford. In the computer section was a sign saying " 30% off Microsoft Accessories". I bought a Microsoft Keyboard and mouse but after I paid I realised the 30% was not deducted.
    I complained to customer service. They came back to me to say that the 30% was allready deduvted and that the displayed price was the correct one ie the displayed price included the 30% discount.
    I insisted that the displayed price was the same price I had seen last week and that I check the Tesco prices on a daily basis as I buy and sell computers. Eventually(15 minutes) they relented and I got a FULL refund and my keyboard and mouse.
    Thanks Tesco.
    Every little bit helps.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Wow - fair play - cheeky fe*kers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

This happened to my sis last week in Maynooth. my sis, knowing nothing about tech, tried to buy a 1GB crappy MP3 for €60 because it was half price, got to the counter and it was 60!? Went to customer services and they said it WAS €120...... WTF! for a 1GB?! there so full of **** sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

Used to work for them. They have a no quibble policy which means if you are overcharged for something you get ur full money back and the product for free. Happened to me before with haagen daaz icecream supposed to be buy 1 get 1 free but the offer didnt work and I got the OH to buy another 2 the next day and he got them free aswel hehe. If you ever suspect you are being overcharged complete the transaction and then complain at customer services. They will always give in as it is policy. A handy fact to know during these hard times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

sadista wrote: »
    If you ever suspect you are being overcharged complete the transaction and then complain at customer services.
    NO got to the instore scanner and scan to see what price comes up, if it is incorrect then load up your trolley with the stuff :)

I had a shoal of donegal catch once by doing this! Surprised the price was not corrected by the time your OH went.

If you are unsure if the offer will be taken off at the till and not the scanner then just buy 1, do not report it, then go immediately back in and load the trolley.

If the advertised price is higher than charged you get nowt.

There is a UK site with a massive thread just pointing out incorrect prices so people can do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

rubadub wrote: »
    NO got to the instore scanner and scan to see what price comes up, if it is incorrect then load up your trolley with the stuff :)

I had a shoal of donegal catch once by doing this! Surprised the price was not corrected by the time your OH went.

If you are unsure if the offer will be taken off at the till and not the scanner then just buy 1, do not report it, then go immediately back in and load the trolley.

If the advertised price is higher than charged you get nowt.

There is a UK site with a massive thread just pointing out incorrect prices so people can do this.

Methinks we should start a thread on this matter...it could command quite a following! Also got a 'no quib' as we are now accustomed to calling them on the 3 for 2 tesco fresh juices and denny chicken pies dat were on offer there last week.

* 69th Post OH YEAH! *

• Advertisement
Advertisement