Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading again - 11gps for sale

Options
  • 27-11-2008 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just to let you know I have put my 11" NexStar GPS up for sale should any of you be interested:
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=81650

Great telescope, delighted to demo if your interested.

It's time to upgrade again.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Would be well interested, if only i had the asking price! :-/ Maybe in a year or two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭yhwh

Hi Redman,

Just out of curiosity, what are you upgrading to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Well 14" is the natural way to go ;)

Seriously though, need to look at perhaps coverting the shed or getting a dome too. It will make like a lot easier then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Hi Redman,

Would this be similar/predecessor to a cpc 1100 gps xlt?

I am a bit 'green' on scopes as just getting into it but cannot see how they can suffer damage if looked after? Is the dew thing important for the longevity of the lens? I'm assuming this would be to do with condensation inside the scope?

Is your asking price flexible or rigid?

Thanks

Thats it Guvnor, it is the model before the CPC 1100. I started with Binoculars and moved my way up different scopes.

Normally telescopes when cared for will go on for many many years, do a google and you can read up about that. The optics can eventually degrade and obviously the conditions on how the scope is treated will lead to its lifespan. Many celestrons from the 70s and 80 s are still in use.

As for the price -Make me an offer ;-))
    If your seriously interested I would be only to happy to show you the scope in action.

• Advertisement

Hi Redman,

Thanks for this. I am definitely interested.
    I will pm you if that's ok?

Sure Guvnor, to stick to adverts rules of course i.e. any offers need to be posted

Many Thanks

Redman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

redman wrote: »
    Seriously though, need to look at perhaps coverting the shed or getting a dome too. It will make like a lot easier then.

Where would you get a dome? Not that i would get one while living in the urban sprawl of Dublin but if i ever move back down the country i have dreams of setting up my own dome and decent telescope combo.

Hi Redman,

As per the rules I made an offer in the advert.

Talk soon

Guv

Scruff wrote: »
    Where would you get a dome? Not that i would get one while living in the urban sprawl of Dublin but if i ever move back down the country i have dreams of setting up my own dome and decent telescope combo.

Scruff - many available via UK. Also there are plans where you can relatively easily convert your shed for the roof to slide off also.

Guvnor- thanks for the offer

• Advertisement

Hi Mate,

What kind of level would interest you?

Thanks

Guv

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement