Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visa

Options
  • 26-11-2008 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

just a quick question!if i go to perth ona one year WHV,can i be sponsered to stay long term thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

quick reply : Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

thanks,my missus is really worried bout this is there possibly a link/site/number i could give to her for verification(not that i dont take your word for it,just she wont take mine):)

well how do you think I am here?

look up www.immi.gov.au
    that is the immigration website - a business visa (sponsored) is called a 457

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

aksherly Hussey the old Business Sponsership Visa was a bit different to the 457,the 457 is a lot easier to get

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Dont expect a company to sponsor you unless you are particularly valuable to them, its a lot of work that a lot of companies couldnt be arsed doing. So find a good place early, and make yourself invaulable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

im a carpenter(a damn good one too;)) will i find it difficult to get sponsered do ye think?
    you see i cant afford to stay in Ireland and wait the 9-15 months for a skilled working visa so i plan on goin over ona WHV and gettin sponsered to stay for another few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

dazzlermac wrote: »
    im a carpenter(a damn good one too;)) will i find it difficult to get sponsered do ye think?
    you see i cant afford to stay in Ireland and wait the 9-15 months for a skilled working visa so i plan on goin over ona WHV and gettin sponsered to stay for another few years

I'd be thinking along the same lines...

BarryCreed wrote: »
    I'd be thinking along the same lines...

You can get a 2nd WHV visa by working in trade in rural parts of oz for 12 weeks ... could be another option

I cannot comment on how easy it is for trades to get sponsorship.

but the 457 is pretty easy to get

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

What happens if u get sponsored and quit your job? Do you get sent home or can ya just apply for a 2nd WHV or what is your options?

Advertisement